Why Join ABC?
If you are not already a member of ABC, please review the list below and I believe you will see great value to your company in becoming a member. ABC is unique because all sectors of the construction industry are equally represented. If you are willing to fight for the free enterprise system, as ABC has been doing for over a half-century, then ABC is your home!
-J.R. Gaylor, President & CEO of ABC Indianapolis
10 Reasons to Join ABC:
1. Build your business through networking opportunities!
- Attend monthly meetings and events in six councils across the state
- Join a committee
- Annual Member-to-Member Showcase
- Statewide and Regional Golf Outings
- Construction Referral Service
- Statewide Membership Directory
- Awards Program: Excellence in Merit Shop Construction
2. Receive counsel for all your labor needs.
- Free First Call Service with ABC Chapter Attorney
- Extensive information on jobsite violence, picketing, and union organizing
- Jobsite Labor Relations Handbook
- Reserved Gate Signs and Procedures
- Developing Policies Handbook
- Handbook of Practical Labor Law
- Building and Protecting your Company's Reputation: a guide to addressing techno-terrorists
- Why Union-only PLA's are Bad Public Policy
3. Gain knowledge through ABC publications.
- Quarterly Magazine: The Hoosier Contractor
- Indiana ABC Membership Directory and Construction User's Guide
- National ABC Monthly Magazine: Construction Executive Political Pipeline
- Newsletters: legislative updates during Indiana Legislative sessions and breaking news
- Timely Merit Messenger Newsletters, containing information pertinent to your business
- Industry Alerts, as required
4. Protect your right to do business as you see fit.
- Political Action Committees
- Free Enterprise Fund
- FEA Toolbox Talks: employee education advancing the merit agenda
- Representation at local wage hearings to fight for the adoption of common wages
5. Take Advantage of our excellent insurance programs.
6. Train your workforce.
- ABC Apprenticeship Program
- Task Training
- Virtual University (online training)
7. Utilize ABC as your number one safety resource.
- Free First Call Advice
- S.T.E.P.-Safety Training & Evaluation Process
- Management Safety Conferences
- Annual Safety Awards
- Safety Toolbox Talks
- Substance Abuse Policy(carries MICCS reciprocity)
- Task Training Courses *OSHA 10-hour *OSHA 30-hour *Equipment Safety Training & Certification *Standard Accident Operating Procedures *Fall Protection *Trenching and Shoreing *And More!
8. Market your company.
- Advertising Opportunities
- ABC Executive Club
- Website Links & Clickthrough Program
- Event Sponsorships
9. Access to a nationwide referral system.
At 75 chapters strong, ABC has created a web of contacts throughout the entire United States. Contractors looking to do out-of-state work can contact their local ABC office to receive referrals and can, in turn, have their names referred to other ABC members.
10. Socialize with your peers.
- Annual ABC Night Out at the Indians Baseball Game (Central Council)
- Golf Outings
- Annual Holiday Fest (State Headquarters)
- Northeast Council Monthly Dinner Meetings
- East Central Council "Night Out at the Race Track"
- Other various events throughout the year!